History, Research, and Current Themes


"The world needed John Brown and John Brown came, and time will do him justice." Frederick Douglass (1886)

Search This Blog & Links

Translate

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Photo Pretendere:
A Note from H. Scott Wolfe, Our Man in the Field


My Dear Sir:

Thank you for alerting the public of the bogus John Brown image...said to have been taken three days prior to his execution. As I have before stated to you, I possess an extensive photo collection...including the world's largest collection of black and white images of rainbows. I also possess the attached image of John Brown, taken in his cell at the Charles Town jail on December 1, 1859...the day prior to his untimely demise. 
The Old Man
(H. Scott Wolfe Collection)

As my prior posts amply show, my historical reliability is impeccable.

From the Field,

H. Scott Wolfe, Esq.

Editor's remarks: Along with my readers, I am most grateful to H. Scott Wolfe for sharing this extremely rare image of the Old Man with his famous beard.  With any luck, this image too will end up for sale on eBay as yet another great tintype of John Brown.--LD  

No comments: